When imagining a lawyer, most people hold the assumption that a single attorney can manage any sort of legal case. This is, of course, not true to reality. Every attorney has a single or set of practice areas they prefer or focus on.
When it comes to accidents, typically caused by the fault of third parties, someone who specializes in personal injury law is the best choice to hire for representation. There will be no distractions from other legal fields, such as family law or criminal defense. You should also look for a personal injury attorney who offers free consultations to evaluate their clients’ potential claims, like those you can find at Jones & Swanson. There is no harm in meeting with a personal injury attorney after an accident to learn more about the legalities of the situation. Even if they cannot take your case, personal injury attorneys can provide tremendous insight and point you in the right direction.
7 Common Injury Claims Managed by Attorneys
- Car accidents: Everyday thousands of people are injured in car accidents all over the country. Hiring an experienced car accident attorney will provide value to your case. The attorneys at Jones & Swanson know the exact steps necessary to recover maximum compensation for your claim.
- Slip and fall accidents: Slip, trip, and fall accidents are one of the most common occurrences that lead to premises liability claims. Even though these types of cases are not rare, it can be difficult to prove who is at fault for the incident. If you have been injured in a slip and fall accident, it is imperative that you seek legal counsel right away.
- Dog bites and animal attacks: Dog owners in Georgia are fully liable when their dog attacks and injures someone. Oftentimes, dog attacks can cause permanent damage and scarring to their victims, especially when a child is involved. Contact an experienced dog bite lawyer who knows the specific laws and understands how to pursue a maximum settlement for your claim.
- Commercial trucking accidents: Commercial trucks weighing up to 80,000 pounds are the cause of thousands of deadly accidents throughout the United States each year. Oftentimes, trucking companies and drivers have a team of experienced lawyers on their side to protect them from any liability in case of an accident. It is important to get your own legal representation to fight for your rights.
- Motorcycle accidents: Although riding a motorcycle can have its financial benefits, the number of motorcycle accidents in the U.S. has grown in recent years, given many new would-be riders pause. To recover fully from these types of accidents, a maximum settlement must be attained, often through a hard-fought personal injury case.
- Pedestrian accidents: Pedestrian accidents may involve a person walking, jogging, or simply standing who is struck by a motor vehicle. A person’s body is not equipped to handle such collision and often the injuries can be fatal. The knowledge a pedestrian accident attorney can provide to a victim will greatly increase the likelihood of a beneficial final settlement amount.
- Wrongful death: Wrongful death is when a person dies due to the negligence of another party. Due to the sensitivity of such claims, navigating them requires precision and legal knowledge. While many persons may be affected by the unjust death of another, there are only certain people that can be compensated for their loss. An experienced wrongful death attorney to manage your claim from start to finish is highly recommended, beginning with determining if you even have the right to file such a claim.
Marietta Personal Injury Attorneys at Your Service
Jones & Swanson is known throughout Georgia for providing compassionate and focused personal injury claim representation. We know how to move a case towards success without forcing our clients out of their comfort zones. Every step we take is one with our clients’ best interests in mind, and we believe this personal approach to casework is what has allowed us to achieve so many great case results.
Would you like to know more about our Marietta injury law firm? Contact us online or call 770.884.6652 to schedule a free initial consultation.
7 Common Practice Areas for Personal Injury Attorneys posted first on http://www.awjlaw.com/Blog/Recent-Blog-Posts/RSS.xml